At GlobeStar Systems Inc. ("GSI"), we respect our customers' privacy and have a long-standing commitment of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations.
We've created this area of our Web site to inform you about our privacy practices. We want you to understand the purposes for which we collect personal information about our customers. In addition, we want to be sure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for those purposes.
The following is a brief summary of our privacy practices.
Why we collect personal information
If you are a GSI customer, GSI has some basic information about you. We understand that some of this information is private, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship. For example, when you work with us, we collect information that allows us to confirm your identity and credit history, so that we can accurately invoice and collect for the products and services that you receive from us.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we will ask for your e-mail address to facilitate communications with you.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at how our customers use our products and services, so that we can understand how to improve them. From time to time, we may review and analyze your use of our products and services to help us provide better product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyze customer needs and their usage of our products to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements. For example, we may collect information in response to a court order to satisfy a request for information about a customer.
- To contact you for customer satisfaction surveys, market research or in connection with certain transactions.
When do we disclose personal information? There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about our customers. Here are some examples:
- We may disclose a customer's personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of GSI, is seeking the information as an agent of the customer. For example, we may provide information about a customer's account to the customer's legal representative if we are satisfied that that individual is requesting the information on behalf of the customer.
- Subject to applicable laws, customer information may be shared among GSI business units to help us serve our customers better and to provide them with services.
We may disclose a customer's personal information to:
a. Another company, for the efficient and cost-effective provision of our product and services to our customers;
b. A company involved in supplying the customer with products directly and related to our products or services;
c. A company or individual employed by GSI to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing; or
d. An agent used by GSI to evaluate the customer's credit worthiness or to collect the customer's account. Any such disclosure of a customer's personal information outside of GSI is made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed.
- Subject to applicable laws, we may disclose a customer's personal information to a credit reporting agency.
- To comply with the law or legal process served on GSI and/or to protect and defend the rights or property of GSI (including the enforcement of our agreements).
- We may disclose a customer's personal information to a public authority or agent of a public authority, if in the reasonable judgment of GSI, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.
- In conjunction with special offers or programs, we may disclose customers' personal information to our program partners, or to third-party agents responsible for administering such offers or programs. Any such disclosure is made on a confidential basis with the customer's express consent.
How do we protect your personal information? In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, GSI:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your consent;
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honor any request you may make for access to your personal information.
We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties. In order to provide our services, we may occasionally provide information to other companies that work on our behalf.
What are your choices? We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may have your name removed from our telephone, mail or e-mail marketing lists. We use these lists to inform you of relevant products, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you.
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please call us at (416) 636-2282. Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. We will occasionally update this privacy statement to reflect changes in our services and customer feedback. When we post changes to this Statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of this statement. We encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how GSI is protecting your information.
Last updated on July 25, 2009.